Thursday, June 19, 2014

60-Year-old gives birth through IVF

A 60 year old woman, Mrs Omolara Irurhe who for the past 31-years has been waiting on God has finally given birth to her own baby girl.


The 60 year old new mother began Invitro Fertilization (IVF) treatment at the St. Ives Hospital in Lagos began in 2010 and four years after what began as a seed of hope culminated in the delivery of her first child.
The new mother who is currently filled with so much laughter and joy after many years of visit to various hospitals both local and abroad in search for a child said:
" I believe we should not limit God and what the doctors can do in this modern age. I give glory to God, we kept our faith in God till this appointed time. I was very hopeful throughout the years I was childless and i remained focused on God. We went to many hospitals but we didn't give up hope. We didn't have much pressure, even though our marriage is cross cultural - I am Yoruba and my Husband is Edo - but we remained hopeful, she said".
Her husband, Desmond Adekunle Irurhe who was so excited about the birth of their baby spoke on how he supported his wife going for the IVF saying:
"I supported her throughout because my wife was dogged and she believed in herself. When I saw her faith, I had no choice but to go with her. She kept telling me she would have her child"
The team of Doctors at the hospital was led by the Chief Medical Doctor, Dr. Tunde Okewale, who expressed joy at the successful delivery. Okewale said the physical condition of the mother - and not just the age is a major factor that determines the success of conception and delivery through IVF.

No comments: