Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Yaya Toure furious over Man City...



Ivory Coast midfielder Yaya Toure hit out at Manchester City, claiming his club denied him compassionate leave at the end of the Premier League season to be with his brother, who was dying of cancer. Ibrahim Toure died f the disease aged 28 in Manchester last thursday, while his brother's Yaya and Kolo were at the World Cup finals in Brazil representing their country.
The midfielder wrote in a column in France Football magazine:
"At the end of the season, I wanted to stay four or five days with my brother before flying to prepare for the World Cup with Ivory Coast, but City did not grant my wish those few days. I went to celebrate the title in Abu Dhabi while my brother was dying in his bed. Fortunately, Kolo was at his bedside. Afterwards, I regretted that I had not insisted. However (City) executives knew that I was suffering."
However, the Premier League Champions said they had no comment to make on the 31 year old's remarks.

No comments: